UC Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the UC, as stated in the Bylaws of the University, are as follows:
- To determine the standards of admission to the University based on the Ministry of Higher Education (MHE) rules and regulations.
- To advise on the plans and procedures of students admission to the University and continued registration therein.
- To determine the curricula of all programs and courses of study and submit it to the Ministry of Higher Education (MHE).
- To advise on the tuition fees plans of students admission to the University and submit it to the Board of Trustee.
- To recommend the Vice President/Acting President, and Academic Colleges Deans.
- To recommend the deputy deans and the departmental chairs as may be required from time to time.
- To make recommendations to the Board of Trustee with respect to the extension of deans and departmental chairs period of service.
- To determine the standards of degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University conferment and endorsed it by the Ministry of Higher Education (MHE).
- To make recommendations on faculty members promotions according to the criteria; 10.To make recommendations to the Board of Trustee with respect to the establishment, change or termination of programs and courses of study, schools, faculties, divisions and departments.
- To prepare the university annual budgetary and financial standards.
- To advise the President of the University on the staffing needs of the academic colleges and departments.
- To recommend on hiring new faculty members (Iraqis and foreigners) based on the university rules and regulations.
- To make recommendations on hiring new faculty and staff members and specify their salaries, awards, accepting their resignation and terminate their services.
To set mechanisms on agreements and scientific linkages with other colleges, universities and other scientific organizations that concerns with the scientific research inside and outside the region.
To suspend the study partially or fully if there is a necessity for a period of one week with notifying the ministry in advance with giving the reasons and justifications.
To propose mechanism to apply the quality assurance, safety and health, and continuous academic development.