Tasks and Responsibilities of Board of Trustees
- Planning the general policy of the University in the light of regulation set by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) of Kurdistan.
- Ratification and verification of University Council recommendation and decision.
- Assessing University President or Dean according to the terms (provisions) of this law.
- Managing, investing and disposing the university’s financial capital in accordance with the university scientific goals.
- Approving the plan for supplies which is needed for educational purposes.
- Suggesting tuition and fees to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) to obtain their approval.
- Approving the extension of the University President’s term of services, or submit a candidate to replace or relief him/her.
- Appointing Vice President, Deans of Colleges and Head of Scientific department.
- Recommending new colleges, scientific departments, and merging or cancelling them according to the Quality Assurance regulations of MHESR.
- Approval of yearly budget and annual accounting records.
- Accepting grants, donations, presents, and allowances from within Kurdistan region after granting the MHESR’s approval and the Council of Minsters if they are from outside Kurdistan.
- Determining the salary ranges for staff and faculty.
- Reviewing the yearly plan of development projects submitted by the President.
Note: Board of Trustees may transfer some of its authorities to the President